CREAMY SUNGOLD PASTA
As consumers, we are admonished to get to know who grows our food. Shiloh says that works both ways. “Real people with real faces and lives make me the farmer care about what I’m feeding them!” she writes in a monthly newsletter.
2 tablespoons butter
6 to 8 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 cups sungold tomatoes, cut in half
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (optional)
½ cup (packed) fresh basil, chopped
Romano or Parmesan cheese to taste
1. Boil water for pasta. Add fettuccine when a rapid boil is reached. Cook and drain
2. Heat butter in a large pan. Sauté the garlic, being careful not to burn.
3. Add salt, pepper and halved tomatoes, allowing the tomatoes to “wilt” for a few minutes.
4. Add cream and cook gently, allowing the sauce to thicken.
5. When sauce is to your liking, add peeled shrimp directly to the simmering cream sauce. The shrimp will cook fast, so wait until the end to add them.
6. Add basil.
7. Mix with drained pasta, serve in bowls, and top with freshly grated Romano or Parmesan.
YIELD: 4 servings